Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Baby Tricks

Riley has two favorite books: There's a Wocket in my Pocket by Dr. Seuss and Mirror Me, a Baby Einstein book. The sight of either makes her giddy enough to flap her arms. And we read them so often that I have both memorized, front to back. Sometimes, I even recite them to her while we're driving or out on a walk, and just that's enough to make her happy.






So today, I thought I'd see how well she knew them. I held both books up in front of her and recited the first few lines from the Wocket book.

"Did you ever have the feeling there's a zamp in the lamp? Or a nink in the sink? Or a woset in the closet?"

And she grabbed the Dr. Seuss book.

So I mixed them around and tried again.

"Bard can open his eyes, big and wide. Wow!"

And she grabbed the mirror book.

We did it over and over and over. At least ten times, and she got it right every time.

Could be a fluke...but we'd rather assume she's just book smart.

p.s. apologies for the delay in postings. between our trip to portland and returning to reality, life's been busy. watch for more photos coming soon!

No comments: