Incident #2. On Friday, I took Riley for a ride. (Without Laura, unfortunately, since she had to work.) Six miles from home, Riley had enough. So we stopped, took a break, and started to turn around...when a wheel fell off the trailer. And the bolt to secure it to the trailer was gone. GONE. Uh...
I pulled to the side of the bike trail, scratched my helmet, and thought through my (very limited) options.
That's when we met Beth, a very kind woman/guardian angel, who saved the day.
- pushed my bike & trailer to her condo 1/4 mile away while I carried Riley
- had Riley & me hang out in her condo while she ran to the hardware store to get a new bolt
- found all the tools I needed to fix the trailer
- let me use her phone to let Matt know we were still alive
- sent us safely on our way—with a bag of crackers that kept Riley happy the whole ride home
WOW. How do you say thanks for acts of kindness like that?