Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What Happened in McCall

A couple weeks ago, we attended another very fun Dougall family reunion in McCall, Idaho, a charming mountain resort town right on the beautiful Payette Lake. I've since been told that this part of Idaho is America's best-kept secret. I believe it.

Anyhow, a few vacation highlights included:

Lots of swimming. Or "slimming," as Riley ironically/appropriately (I can't decide which) calls it.

Broom hockey for dummies. (Tennis shoes on an un-Zamboni-ed skating rink.)

Ice skating for dummies.

S'mores.

Ice cream. Lots of it.

Basking in the sun.

Pony rides.

Goofiness.
(My sister's keen observation this particular evening: "Riley, it seems you change your socks more than your outfit!")
Happiness. Lots of it.

Not pictured:
  • Boating, jet-skiing, & water-skiing. (Except for the hugely pregnant attendee. Me.)
  • Picnic and lovely outdoor concert in nearby Podunk, ID.
  • My sister's surprise announcement that she's expecting cousin number twenty-something (I've lost count). I'm especially happy knowing our baby will have a cousin close in age.
  • Game night. (Every night.)
  • Cousin time. Lots of it. Riley's still experiencing withdrawals.

2 comments:

Katie said...

LOVE the belly shot!

Kari said...

glad to see a picture of you and your belly :)

it's a little weird to me how alike riley and collin are. he changes socks about 12 times a day...