Sunday, July 27, 2008

Riley's Birthday Bash: A Photo Essay

The birthday girl.

The party goers.

The enthusiasm.
(A doll was inside, but based on Riley's excitement here, Santa may bring lots of crackers this Christmas...)

More enthusiasm.

More gifts. (Since Matt and I can't seem to share Rock Band.)

The cake.* And the vultures.

Going...

Going...

Almost gone. (Yep, every last crumb got consumed.)
With 40+ fun guests and one giddy girl, this party will be hard to top. Unless Riley's birthday falls during another family reunion!

*Made in a hotel kitchenette, thankyouverymuch.

7 comments:

h. said...

You could always hide the pictures and hope she doesn't remember . . . then you won't have to "top" it.

Nice job on the cake.

Meredith said...

very nice!!!! the cake looks delicious!

Jennifer said...

Happy birthday, Riley! 2 is one of my favorite ages -- enjoy!

chrissy said...

The look on her face when she saw the box of crackers? Priceless.

Anonymous said...

That cake looks scrumptious...I think I'll make that for KC's birthday next week. Happy two year old birthday to Riley!

Kari said...

Wasn't I just reading about her first birthday? Geez.

Nice work on the cake. The cracker thing cracked me up :)

susannah said...

Sorry I've been out of town. I didn't mean to forget about little R's birthday, Rebekah would be ashamed if she knew. I'm glad that Riley had a fun time and ate lots of cake!