Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Confession

When I was pregnant, I sort of hoped for a boy, only because I'm not so good at girly stuff like braiding hair. I mean, I didn't want to cheat a daughter out of a lifetime of french braids!

So of course, my girly girl was born with tons of hair. I still haven't tried anything fancy with it—I'm just happy if it's free of cottage cheese and apple butter.

But lucky for me and Riley, the daycare girl at my gym loves doing hair! (And she's good at working through apple butter snarls!)

Just don't ask me how she got Riley to sit still that long...

8 comments:

Marni said...

No worries Kathryn - I can't braid either. I grew up getting a french braid every day for school. If I end up with girls, mine will suffer the same fate as yours!

Emma said...

I too don't know what I would do with a girl. My hair is either half-up, up in a clip or down. I can braid, but not French braid. I was never a hair girl. Mostly pony tails for me. I wouldn't know what to do with a little girl's hair.

Lindsay said...

gotta love those kids club workers! They have put up with tayson now for two weeks screaming from an ear infection. can't wait to see her!

Katherine said...

Amen - no sisters for me, so no skiill in hair or make-up.
Kaitlyn put a braid in her own hair this morning before school. It didn't look good - but she was happy and I didn't do it!

Madelyn said...

Yay for going to the gym and leaving your kid for an hour or two! I don't know what I'd do without that luxury I've come to need.

Meredith said...

cute! hannah LOVES her braids. i can't do french braids in her hair, though. it's too slippery. i usually have to bribe hannah with candy if I want her to sit still for more than a minute to do her hair!

Nicole said...

i hear ya...i wasn't necessarily hoping for a boy, but convinced I would get a boy because I knew I was in for it if I got a girl! Little did I know I would get two! They just look like orphans everyday when they go to school. In fact, Bailey's teacher commented, "She must be so stubborn to have to do her own hair all the time." Although I must confess, I'm no better at Luke's. He's always got bedhead.

Marni said...

Hey - you've been tagged. I guess you need to check out my blog to learn the rules. (SORRY!)