Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I Wish for Another Penny

While Riley and I ran errands today, we passed this (meyer! meyer!) fountain:
When we stopped to admire it, I dug into my bag, found a penny, and gave it to Riley to toss into the fountain.


She eagerly took the coin and went to chuck it into the fountain...but she wouldn't let go. Over and over, she fake threw the penny, without ever letting it leave her tight little fist.


Of course.

With a miserly mom and a penny-pinching pa, she was bound to inherit that frugality gene.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

what a beautiful fountain! and what a funny story! hannah always cries when she has to leave her penny... smart little Riley never lets go!

chrissy said...

hey, that's a good quality, i say. my kids spend the money they get as soon as they hear the ice cream truck. we need to work on saving up for things...